Saturday, September 24, 2005

Bugging Out - 9/24/05

Murray, KY - This will be a quick update to let everyone know that the troupe is safe and sound. We arrived in Murray KY about midnight CDT (early this morning or late last night, depending on your point of view). We are housed in three separate locations; some in a motel, some in the convention center on the campus of Murray State College, and myself and Carie in the Faculty Club house. There's a washer/dryer here, and I'm doing my laundry for the first time since leaving Staunton - yeah! We bugged out of Shreveport at about 2:45 yesterday afternoon, and drove the 8 or so hours to get up here. It took us about 2 hours and 45 minutes to totally pack up the troupe from two locations: the theatre on campus and our residence. Latest reports I've seen indicated Shreveport has already had about 2.5" of rain since midnight last night with more expected through the day, and if I'm reading the weather maps right on TV, what's left of Rita's eye may pass right over Shreveport. It was smart to get out, but of course the element of excitement in trying to ride out a storm and be in the middle of the whole event would have been more interesting.

Carie gave us today off as well as tomorrow, as I think the stress of getting everything together and out took its toll on everyone. By Monday morning we will go back to the motel, but in the meantime everyone is sort of on their own to get life's little tasks accomplished. I am about to go out and forage for some food. The Faculty Club is a little removed from the campus, and I don't have a map or anything. I will try to post a bit more maybe later or sometime tomorrow.

-TWL

No comments: