Saturday, October 01, 2005

Simple Twist of Fate - 10/01/05

Dunkirk NY - Those of you with quick minds and a keen eye will immediately notice the dateline is not what it should be. Some of you may also have noticed that in my previous post I noted a had a stomach ache. Well, there's no easy way to put this: the stomach ache turned into a trip to the emergency room upon arriving at Orrville, OH, an overnight stay at Dunlap Memorial Hospital, and today a trip home to Dunkirk with Ann Marie. I'm here for probably a week of rest, and then hopefully returning to the troupe sometime next week if I get the OK from my home doctor.

The final diagnosis was that I had some fatty tissue building up in my liver, causing a rise in some enzyme numbers, and irritation of the stomach. However, the doctor at Orrville could not tell me why this was happening. His best guess was that the Prilosec I was taking to prevent my laryngeal reflux condition might have contributed over time to this situation. But by this morning all my numbers had been coming down substantially, so since they really weren't treating me for anything specific, they decided that the best thing to do was to send me home, rest up, and see what my own doctor had to say about the matter. And that's that.

In the meantime, the troupe has adjusted. Andrew has taken over Leonato (did two performances yesterday on book), Chris has taken over Prospero (I don't know who's doing the Bosun) and Jessica is handling Hastings and my Oxford lines in the last part of Richard 3. Once thing about Atomic Fission - with all the mishaps we've had through the course of our run, we've learned to roll with the punches.

You'll forgive me if I don't write much more at the moment. It's been a hectic day or two and when I get a bit more rest I'll provide a bit more detail. Suffice to say the van ride from Murray to Orrville was one of the worst rides in a car I have ever had! I will continue the blog in some fashion, and when I return to the troupe (and I will) I'll get right back to giving you the news on the road. -TWL

4 comments:

Paul Fidalgo said...

Much love to you, Tom. I hope you feel better really soon. For now, take the opportunity to become a vegetable!

Anonymous said...

well, the yanks clinching the east should make you feel a little better! get some rest!

love ya!

Anonymous said...

It was a technical!!!!!
go Angels!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad you're ok. Feel better, have a great relaxing week & good luck returning to the road. Take care of yourself.