Friday, August 12, 2005

Welcome! 8/12/05

All right, I give in!

Due to popular demand (?) I have created this small blog for those wishing to follow my year-long tour with the American Shakespeare Center's (formerly Shenandoah Shakespeare) Atomic Fission Touring Troupe. As I move from rehearsal to tour, I'll post a few words as often as I can - no promises about regularity. I'm also experimenting with vodcasts (Video on Demand) using iTunes - you'll need the most recent version of iTunes for Mac or PC - and probably a high-speed internet connection - to access the vodcasts.

Atomic FissionTo the left is a group photo I took during the first week of rehearsal at a reception the company held for the new touring troupe. On the right sidebar you'll see a link to the American Shakespeare Center as well as link to my home page. You can follow those links if you want further information. The ASC web site has all the dates and places where we'll be performing, as well as general information about its mission and style of playing Shakespeare. If you're in the area of one of our tour stops, let me know, and hopefully you can see the show and meet up afterwards.

Each of us on the tour has additional jobs while we are out on the road, and one of my extra jobs is Troupe Historian. At the end of the tour it will be my job to put together a photo album/DVD and some essays about the tour. As a consequence I've been taking a lot of photos. If you'd like, you can follow my picture-taking activities at my Yahoo! Photo site.

More later!

-TWL

1 comment:

Red said...

Tom,

This is a great setup! Make sure you include your blog website on your Friendster page and then go in and raid Kristen's friend pile and mine to hit up half of the Buffalo theater scene (and beyond). Get the word out, man! How's it going down in VA? Do you miss the 'flo? I kinda do. :-(

Best,
Sarah